Topic

C&C Outdoors additional discount

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals C&C Outdoors additional discount

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Jeroen Wesselman

@jeroenman

Locale: Europe

C&C Outdoors give an additional 10% off on their sales prices.

They have some Integral Designs items on sale, so now with an extra 10% off.

Only available through this email, please take advantage of our 10% coupon code: CC10
    Enter this code at checkout for another 10% off any sales prices!!

Do check the reader reviews in the company department. Reviews are very mixed so beware.

I have an ID Event Thru Hiker on order and they are definitly no fast shippers.

Michael Skwarczek

@uberkatzen

Locale: Sudamerica

I can tell you first hand that their sales support and delivery services are atrocious. I canceled an order that sat for a month with no updates, and lousy response on e-mails.

After an exchange of 4 e-mails with no ETA on the items and no clear idea of the exact nature of the hold-up, I canceled. And had to confirm with two more e-mails that the order was absolutely canceled. AND STILL, they contacted me a month later, telling me all the items but the ID PLQ were ready and asking if I wanted to ship or wait for the PLQ. They still thought the f'ing order was active! You can imagine how incensed I was.

No deal is worth that BS. Buy at your own risk!

-Michael

Anonymous
    Inactive

I wasn’t aware of CC’s problems with delivery and customer service and probably would not have ordered my GoLite Pinnacle a couple of weeks ago had I known. With total ignorance and a 20% off sale the order was placed and it arrived within two days of ordering. If it is the only deal in town on the gear you want, you may not want to pass it up

Jeroen Wesselman

@jeroenman

Hi Michael,

i am still waiting on a shipping confirmation, they keep answering my emails that it will leave their warehouse anytime but sofar no real confirmation.
    I will give them till the end of this week before i cancel my order and move my business elsewhere.

Your warning is noted, thanks

Jeroen

Charles Thompson

@demeraradrinker

Locale: Land of Toto

I ordered a Primus Micron 2.5 Ti stove from them. Suddenly it went on back order. It took 3 or 4 weeks to finally get it, which is understandable.

What I didn't like is the 1 or 2 sentence, vague, email replies that arrive 2-3 days after you ask a question.

I did get the stove at a discount, so you'll probably get your stuff. It can just be a little bumpy getting there.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Any store can have an occasional mishap… but reading the above, there seems to be a pattern. I won't be doing business with C & C. Thanks for the warning!

Hope you get your shipment soon, Jeroen.

Jeroen Wesselman

@jeroenman

A little update, two weeks after placing my order I still have received nothing. They do, however, rely to my emails promptly. But keep saying it will ship the next day and than, suprise, suprise there is (again) no shipping.

So far this company is not recommended although their prices look tempting.

Jaiden .

@jaiden

I ordered a poncho tarp from them earlier this year and I had much the same experience you are, but it did eventually show up. If you're not in a hurry, I guess that's OK. I didn't mind so much for that item, but I will keep this in mind for future orders. It was cheap though!

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

I ordered a rain jacket from them a couple of years ago. I had second thoughts about the size and called and changed sizes. Very nice on the phone and had quick shipping. I was unaware that anyone had any problems.

Christopher Chupka

@fattexan

Locale: NTX

I ordered an Integral Designs item. Did not hear anything for 3 weeks. No notifications of delay, backorder status, or anything. I emailed to cancel the order and a cancellation confirmation was sent the next day. That is all fine and dandy but I have not received another email or refund in 2 weeks.

Christopher Chupka

@fattexan

Locale: NTX

C&C refunded $ today after I sent another email and replied to this thread.

Theodore Hall

@bohican

I ordered an ID eVent Thru Hiker on 26OCT07, got a fedex tracking e-mail 4 hours later, and the jacket was waiting on me when I got home today. I was a little paranoid about ordering from them, but the deal was too good to pass up.

Jeroen Wesselman

@jeroenman

Theodore, you are a lucky man….

On Oct 16 i ordered two ID Event Thru Hiker Jackets and only today I received a fedex tracking e-mail for delivery November 6. I had to send them numerous e-mails to inquire about my order status and always got response like 'it will ship next day&.

You ordered later and received them sooner than me…maybe a different size.
    Well, this company makes me a little paranoid as well. The price is good though.

Jeroen

Theodore Hall

@bohican

It was an XL. Oh, I meant to thank you, I ordered after reading the sale price you posted. Yall's tips have saved me close to $100 on gear I was already planning on buying this month alone.

Jeroen Wesselman

@jeroenman

that's what we are here for…so save each other some money so we can buy even more gear…

Dave .
    BPL Member

@ramapo

Yo Jeroen, let's have a race: I special ordered my modified Thru Hiker directly from ID about two weeks ago. Do you think I'll get mine before you?

In all seriousness, I hope you get your jacket soon.

Dave

Jeroen Wesselman

@jeroenman

Hi Dave,

i hope i have won because i finally received them, they are in the States and i am in Europe right now so i haven't had a chance to try them on so i have no clue about the fit yet.

But guesing from your pictures they should be fine.

Good to hear you went on with the Thru Hiker, hope it turns out as you expect.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools