Topic

100g-ish rain jacket?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Paul S
    BPL Member

@commonloon

I have a Berghaus Vapourlight Hyper rain jacket (full zip) that needs replacing. It’s years old, the seam tape has come off and it now tends to wet out more quickly. It weighs 91g.

Does anyone know of good replacement/alternative? I see Berghaus is making a “100” jacket now, but the price seems outrageous and availability spotty.

I will mostly be using it as part of my “Kit” for mountain runs/ultras, and SUL trips into the Sierra during the summer (think short but intense thunderstorms).

Thanks!

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

Rab has a waterproof/breathable pullover 2.5 layer (the “Phantom”) at ~ 3 oz (91g).

Mark Verber
    BPL Member

@verber

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

just as pricy is the gorewear r7 trail running jacket. A bit heavier (117g size M), but won’t wet out and the most breathable rain jacket I have worn. I have been happy with mine. Most of my experience has been cycling, trail running, and day hiking because my backpacking trips have been mostly dry (bloody drought). General observations on my raingear page, some notes about Shakedry performance on my Norvan SL review.

Monte Masterson
    BPL Member

@septimius

Locale: Southern Indiana

The Raidlight Hyperlight MP+ hooded rain jacket is available at runnerinn.com. Weighs about 92 g (M).  $178. I don’t have one, but I know a lot of  mountain racers prefer Raidlight gear, especially their running packs.

https://www.runnerinn.com/running/raidlight-hyperlight-mp–hoodie-jacket/137059797/p?utm_source=google_products&utm_medium=merchant&id_producte=8138287&country=us&msclkid=065e9d7d82761834b762fc7503fcee2d&gclid=CLiwof7Ck_ICFZOOxQIdyrcFuA&gclsrc=ds

Paul S
    BPL Member

@commonloon

Thanks much guys!! I will check these out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools