Topic

Remote Cannister Adapter

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Remote Cannister Adapter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brian Honnold

@ragtop78

Locale: Northern CA

I ran across this on ebay:Almost the right adapter
    You can find the auction by searching for:BACKPACKING & CAMPING COOK STOVE FUEL CANISTER ADAPTOR

I emailed the seller and he states that it is only for a fuel cannister that is shaped like a spray paint can, and will not adapt to a standard MSR/Jet Boil/Brunton cannister.

I'm hoping that someone here on the forum has a source for the right adapter to screw into the "regular cannister" so that I can buy one and
    cut and paste.

I love my Markill Titanium stove for group trips and being able to use it with a remote cannister would be perfect.

Paul Tree

@paul_tree

Locale: Wowwww

saw some on zenstoves.net: adapters

Brian Honnold

@ragtop78

Locale: Northern CA

Does anyone know where to buy the valve that screws into the canisters? I know that we have some excellent stove builders here, are you all making your own valves for the fuel bottles?

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> Does anyone know where to buy the valve that screws into the canisters?
    Buy a cheap upright stove …

> I know that we have some excellent stove builders here, are you all making your own valves for the fuel bottles?
    Yep. Makes the project last longer … :-)

Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools