Topic

3 person quilts?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) 3 person quilts?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kate Magill
    BPL Member

@lapedestrienne

Has anyone used the 82"x82" quilt from Underground Quilts (http://www.undergroundquilts.com/30bcb/default.html)? Would love to read some reviews, or be pointed in the direction of other comparable options. Thanks!

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

but oh so warm. watching this thread.

Mike Henrick
    Spectator

@hikerbox

Locale: Boston

The complain I always hear about 2 person quilts is the draft from your shoulders – seems that would be worse with another person.

Kate Magill
    BPL Member

@lapedestrienne

We currently use a 2-person quilt but are thinking of upgrading to a 3-person because the baby is now one year old and taking up kind of a lot of space. Could also get him his own mini-quilt from EE, but since he's such a small body mass, I think the shared body heat from us adults is more beneficial to him (also, much easier to feed him at night!).

Honestly, with the three of us drafts are sometimes welcome–it gets toasty.

Katherine .
    BPL Member

@katherine

Locale: pdx

one alternative might be to have your partner in a single quilt and you share the double with the babe. I think for a one-year-old the mini-quilt wouldn't make as much sense, keep him with you for now.

How much does a footbox matter to you?

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Kate,

Sorry that this is off topic, but how do you like the 2 person quilt?

Does the "flap" in the middle kill off the draft potential at the shoulders?

Do you find that if you are tossing and turning that the quilt still maintains the warmth and keeping the drafts out?

I would think that a two person quilt would work for back sleepers who are not active sleepers.

Tony

Matthew Turner
    BPL Member

@annex138

I have a 20* long Enlighten equipment accomplice and the girlfriend and I love it. It weights 32oz and is so much lighter then carrying 2 single quilts. We have used it down to 30* and was more then toasty. We both toss and turn a lot and sleep 90% on our sides and the quilt works great. The flap between our shoulders works amazingly well. If your on the fence about buying one, I say go for it. I think it is the best sleep system for couples.

DGoggins
    BPL Member

@hjuan99

Locale: Mountain West

With a 3 person quilt…there are not too many shelters that will even support it. You have…a triplex (though that is more like 2.5 adults wide), maybe 1-2 tarptent options…and…that seems about it unless you go into car camping tents, right? A supermid won't work…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools