Topic

MLD Duomid top vent won’t close?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) MLD Duomid top vent won’t close?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Dihnekis
    Spectator

@dihnekis

Just got my Duomid and tried it out in the yard. Love the thing but for some reason I can't get the top vent to close. It seems like the velcro just won't match up, if I get it tight to the hoop in one place it'll come loose in another. Kind of annoying considering I want to use this in the snow, and snow blowing in my top vent would not be fun. Am I missing something?

Ryan Teale
    BPL Member

@monstertruck-2

Locale: Almost Yosemite

I couldn't tell from your post if you removed the plastic "wand" from the vent hood. It should work after you take that plastic piece out. In fact I have never put mine back in since I got the shelter.

Ryan

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

You've removed the plastic stiffener?

The vent material is longer than where it velcro's to, so there is some bunching involved when you close the vent. I've never actually closed the vent in the outdoors, but playing with it inside mine always seemed to work fine.

Art Tyszka
    BPL Member

@arttyszka

Locale: Minnesota

Take the plastic hoop out. It's a lot easier to do before pitching (IMHO) if you suspect you'll need it closed, but can be done from inside once it's pitched.

Derek Weeks
    BPL Member

@lighting12

Try taking the wand out that is used to keep the vent upright, but you could also contact Ron at MLD I'm sure he would be willing to answer any question you may have.

Dihnekis
    Spectator

@dihnekis

Hmm I can't seem to figure out how to get the wand out, I thought that might be the problem. I'll go look at it again, probably just missing something simple.

Philip Tschersich
    BPL Member

@philip-ak

Locale: Kodiak Alaska

There should be a gap in the center of the sleeve the plastic stiffener resides in. Bend the vent inward and remove the plastic, starting in the middle, through the gap.

Dihnekis
    Spectator

@dihnekis

okay figured it out, feel kinda stupid now, I was looking everywhere but in the middle of the plastic thing. I don't even see myself leaving it in at all, seems like it would stay open pretty good even without it.

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

i took mine out a long time ago and it works just fine. I don't miss it at all

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools