Topic

Ultralight Winter Gear

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Ultralight Winter Gear

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    R K
    Spectator

@oiboyroi

Locale: South West US

It's a good book. Definently worth the read. Some interesting ideas.

Something else worth reading is Andy Kirkpatrick website.

http://www.psychovertical.com

Graham Williams

@crackers

I think that Mark's book is an excellent primer for alpinists and other folks who spend time in the mountains on how to prepare, approach and exit an alpine adventure.

Over the past several years, I've learned an aweful lot from the man, and while we don't always agree on things, Mark combines personal experience, analytic skills, and an ability to do research I've not seen replicated in the outdoors industry.

For the past six or seven years, I've been using an action suit, which I detailed somewhere on my blog, and it is excellent for moving at high speeds. I've used it down to about -20f, but not lower than that.

That said, I leave it to you guys to determine how applicable the action suit methodology is to UL hiking.

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools