Topic

Suggestions Requested for Trip Presentation

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Suggestions Requested for Trip Presentation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

BPL'ers –

I'm going to be giving a number of live presentations about my recent thru hike of the Pacific Northwest Trail and I'm looking for suggestions on how to make it the best for everyone in attendance.

If you were to come watch a presentation like this what would you like to see, hear, ask, etc? I'll be doing this in a digital format with photo, audio and video so there are many possibilities.

Thanks,
    Sam

Richard Scruggs
    BPL Member

@jrscruggs

Locale: Oregon

Handouts are great.

What might be included in handouts?

Depends on the nature of the presentation, but a few off-the-cuff ideas for handouts are: a map with a summary of route and comments about special concerns, hard copies of screen images (if screen images are used in presentation) that show info such as resources, resupply plan/issues, gear list, lists of things to do in planning/doing the PCT, list of things to do differently, more lists, etc.

But all of this amounts to a book, right? Looking forward to reading it when it comes out.

JRS

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

ut all of this amounts to a book, right? Looking forward to reading it when it comes out.

Richard – I'll be sure to let you know when it's published! But in all seriousness, yes I am going to do a handout with my gear list on it. I think that is the one piece of advice that people would want to bring home with them. Too much other stuff printed off would go against my nature as a tree-hugger.

– Sam

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Make sure your handout has good contact links on them (name, email, website, etc). That way you can let people know about visiting your site for further info, photos, etc.

Robert McGaughey

@havoc

Locale: North Texas

I would want to know your gear list, what worked, what didn't, what you would take again and what you would'nt. I would also be interested in what did you enjoy the most about the trip and the least. Best of luck on your presentation. Oh, pictures of course!

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Sarah – I plan to have "business" cards on hand for that info but putting contact stuff on the hand out is a good idea as well. Thanks for the input.

Robert, worry not there will be many stunning and larger than life photos. I'm also incorporating some of the short panorama videos I shot along the way as well.

Matt Brodhead

@mattbrodhead

Locale: Michigan

If you do a powerpoint presentation I'd be more than happy to look it over. I've made so many powerpoint presentations for my lab partners/theses defenses that I've lost track. I've got that stuff down to a science.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Matt –

I don't so much need help with the presentation aspect of it. That part I'm comfortable with. I was more looking for suggestions in terms of subject matter.

Thanks,
    Sam

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools