Topic

10% off your first order at Little RIver Packs.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 10% off your first order at Little RIver Packs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Milo D
    BPL Member

@myduffy123

Hey everybody, this is my new company for ultralight backpacking equipment. After I thru hiked the AT, I was inspired by the many different types of gear designs. On the hike I was thinking of what the ideal pack would be, for fast and light hiking. I came up with this light functional backpack. Once I got back from the trail I started prototyping, testing gear, and building my company. I started with simply making gear for myself, and learning techniques for sewing. Once I felt confident with my abilities and designs, I started my own company. I have personally tested this backpack design, with great results. I plan on growing my company into an innovative cottage company for ultralight hikers. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Here’s my website website

Use discount code CXDXF5

Ralph Burgess
    BPL Member

@ralphbge

Interesting pack.   I have never used anything so minimal, but I like the look of this for short light trips.   It looks like a cross between an ultrarunners vest and one of the original Zpacks minimal packs.

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

Looks like a nice replacement for my original Murmur – I only use the hipbelt on the Murmur to hold the hipbelt pockets that I added, but those would be replaced by the shoulder strap pockets on the Flow.  Nice design and thank you for offering the 10% discount.

Kevin B
    Spectator

@newmexikev

Locale: Western New Mexico, USA

Good luck to you and your company!

Looks like a good price point and good materials.
    What is the pack’s height with the roll top open?
    Any plans to add xpac fabrics as an option?  Xpac vs. cuben seems to be the latest polarization of BPL types personal fabric  preferences, and you might make a few more sales to people who won’t want cuben fiber.

Milo D
    BPL Member

@myduffy123

Hey, thanks for the support. The deminsions with the rolltop open is 28in. I have sold some X-pac versions, I might add it to my website.

Eric Osburn
    BPL Member

@osb40000

X-pac should be quite a bit cheaper right? May be a nice option for people.

Adam Kilpatrick
    BPL Member

@oysters

Locale: South Australia

I’ve been wondering lately how RBTR’s MTN Silnylon would go on a lightweight pack, where you might otherwise choose 1.43oz cuben. I would have thought the abrasion resistance and long term HH would be better. The tear strengths of the MTN silnylon look good. Could be an option?

Adam Kilpatrick
    BPL Member

@oysters

Locale: South Australia

I really like your shoulder strap design! Personally, I sweat like crazy. I’m guessing there’s no padding in there anyway…have you thought about doing shoulder straps in mesh?

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Silly question Milo – Have you thought about including a “haul loop”?  I typically use the haul loop to aid in putting the pack on (especially with shoulder pockets that don’t seem to have a closure) and also to hang my pack at night.

Also – did you consider some way to close, or at least limit, the opening on the shoulder strap pockets?  It would be a great place for some small cord and a cordlock.  I like to keep my iPhone in one shoulder strap pocket and I’d be concerned, with what I can see of the design, that it would fall out when putting on or taking off the pack or even when bending over to pick up trash along the trail.

Kimberly Wersal
    BPL Member

@kwersal

Locale: Western Colorado

Good luck with your business!  I like the SUL design of the pack, but wonder if you have any feedback from women using the pack?  It looks like the vest-like design might not be female user friendly….

Milo D
    BPL Member

@myduffy123

Thanks! Sorry for the delayed response. I have had some women use the pack, with good results. I am not really sure how it fits women though.

Milo D
    BPL Member

@myduffy123

Yeah, I have looked at some silnylon. That could be a future option.

Milo D
    BPL Member

@myduffy123

Yes I have thought about using only mesh on the straps. I already have one layer of mesh.

Milo D
    BPL Member

@myduffy123

I have considered a haul loop although it is extra weight. I have had haul loops on other packs, and I just don’t use them. I think a closer on the shoulder strap pockets is a good idea. It will be somewhat difficult to figure out.

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Thanks for the response.  I’d love an integrated haul loop but would figure out how to hang my pack easily enough without one.  For a closure on the shoulder pockets a simple drawstring and cordlock would be plenty.  I don’t need to seal it – just cinch it down.  To seal it you’d almost want a flap with velcro that could fold down over the opening.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools