Topic

1/4-lb Empty Refillable Propane Cylinder

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear 1/4-lb Empty Refillable Propane Cylinder

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Any ideas how it can be used for DIY projects? Which stoves can it be used with?

Product Specifications
    Weight: 0.9 oz

Dimensions: 2 x 2 x 5 1/8 inches

The Flame King 1/4 LB refillable propane cylinder is perfect for small propane lamps and lanterns, welding torches, and cooking torches. This propane bottle is refillable & transportable. Our unique & patented valve design is not available from any other manufacturer. Spend your money wisely & start refilling small cylinders whenever you need them! Tossing a single-use disposable tank is just a silly waste of resources & can be a potentially huge problem in the waste stream! Join the eco-revolution! Please note: these cylinders fill fastest & safest with our commercial Flame King refill adapter – sold separately. – UL1769 listed.

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

I ordered one and it arrived.  I’m not seeing a backpacking play since the amount of steel is far greater than butane-mix canisters plus a Moulder Strip.

Maybe if you wanted the convenience of a propane/butane stove in winter plus the assurance of high vapor pressure.  Or if want your fuel costs to go to basically zero if refilled from a BBQ tank compared to butane, white gas, or alcohol.   But four ounces of fuel isn’t much on a winter trip.

What I imagine I’ll use most for is in lieu of the 1-pound Coleman propane cylinder on my plumber’s torch.  Pretty sweet for compact spaces, plus it looks SO cool and cute.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

…Hanging lantern.

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

Oh, it’s so cute!

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Somebody up there in the frigid north must have a use for such a small propane tank.

John K
    BPL Member

@kaptainkriz

It is kinda cute… 🥰

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

It’s -10 degrees here in northern IL. Wish I had one of the mini sweet tanks just for the fun of it 😉

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

A bunch of hammock hangers gather up in MN for a Frozen Butt Hang every year. One of the hanging lanterns would be nice hanging from a ridgeline.

YouTube video

YouTube video

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Couple years ago I went the less expensive route.

I heat water inside the foster pot by torching the sides of the pot, easy-peasey or melt snow in it. 70 percent propane blend. Nice for cold weather. The canister stores easily inside the pot.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Those BOSS torch canisters have a Lindal valve for refilling….:-)

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Others are beginning to use the small cylinders

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools