I have been backpacking with a small voice recorder since 2005. Why do I carry a recorder? Why not use a smart phone? How do I use a recorder while backpacking? What are my criteria for a good recorder? Why did I choose the recorder I use now? What would my ideal recorder look like? What do recordings sound like? How do other backpackers use recorders?
- Why do I carry a recorder?
- How do I use a recorder while backpacking?
- Recording topics include:
- What are my criteria for a good recorder?
- Why did I choose the recorder I use now?
- Why did I choose the Olympus WS-802 over the Sony ICD-AX412?
- What would the ideal recorder look like?
- Some ideas:
- What do recordings sound like?
- How do other backpackers use recorders?
- Andrew Skurka wrote in The Ultimate Hiker's Gear Guide:
- Tuna Helper wrote about his 2012 PCT speed record attempt:
- Philip Werner wrote in his SectionHiker blog:
- jeffblaylock wrote:
- BackpackOhio.com creates hiker-friendly maps, and wrote:
- Anthony Jones uses a high-quality recorder to produce trail podcasts.
- Heartfire wrote:
- Debby Jagerman wrote about walking El Camino de Santiago:
- Nimblefoot wrote:
- Your Turn!
# WORDS: 2260
# PHOTOS: 5
A Premium or Unlimited Membership* is required to view the rest of this article.
* A Basic Membership is required to view Member Q&A events
Home › Forums › Backpacking With A Voice Recorder