The Wild Things Icesac has been around awhile, what is new is it’s now available in a Dimension Polyant X-pac version (3000 cubic inches/2 pounds 14 ounces) with a large front zippered pocket. The Dimension Polyant X-pac fabric is one of the toughest around for its weight. The front “bullet” pocket holds and protects any modern ice tool.
The newest version of the Wild Things Icesac is made of Dimension Polyant X-pac fabric and has a large gusseted Bullet Pocket on the front.
Beyond ice climbers, who we deeply respect, this new version of the Icesac has some real merit for lightweight backpackers who want a truly durable pack with low weight and the right volume. Remember the Wild Things AT Pack? It was lightweight, but way too large at 5000 cubic inches. The Icesac at 3000 cubic inches is a nice size for a lightweight weekend trip or multi-day ultralight trip.
Features we especially like are its lightweight/durable fabric, removable components, and large gusseted front pocket.
Specifications and Features
- Manufacturer: Wild Things (www.wildthingsgear.com)
- Volume: 3,000 cubic inches (49 L)
- Fabrics: body and pockets are Dimension Polyant composite vx-21
- Features: padded and removable hipbelt, two gear loops on hipbelt, large gusseted front pocket, contoured removable top lid, removable backpanel pad, roll up snow skirt, two ski slots, compression straps, whistle on sternum strap, hydration system compatible
- Weight: 2 pounds, 14 ounces
- MSRP: $275