This gear guide presents an introduction to the market of "ultralight inflatable pillows" for backpacking.
The criteria for a pillow's inclusion into this gear guide is purely arbitrary: the weight of the pillow must be less than 4 ounces. This reveals a manufacturer's intention to make a pillow that is light enough where its weight is a design feature, and not an afterthought.
Not included in this gear guide is a comprehensive assortment of the so-called disposable hospital-style inflatable pillows, like the FlexAir Pillow manufactured by Graham Medical. However, the latter has been included in the specifications table as a frame of reference.
- Design Features
- Mechanism of Support
- Elevation Contouring / Cradling
- The Pillows
- Gear Guide: Specification Table
- Pillow Ratings
- Exped Air Pillow UL - Highly Recommended
- Sea to Summit Aeros Premium - Highly Recommended
- Sea to Summit Aeros Ultralight - Recommended
- Exped Air Pillow - Recommended
- Cascade Designs NeoAir Pillow - Recommended
- Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Pillow - Above Average
- REI Flash Air Pillow - Average
- Big Agnes Clearview - Average
- Big Agnes Q-Core SL - Average
- Big Agnes Camp Pillow - Average
- Quechua Inflatable Pillow - Average
- Cocoon Hyperlite - Below Average
- Author's Choice
# WORDS: 1900
# PHOTOS: 1
A Premium or Unlimited Membership* is required to view the rest of this article.
* A Basic Membership is required to view Member Q&A events
Home › Forums › Gear Guide: Ultralight Inflatable Pillows