The awaited re-designed Ultralight Adventure Equipment (ULA) packs are nearly here, and we got a chance to see two of them at the OR Show. Brian Frankle proudly showed us his new Relay (see separate dispatch) and Conduit frameless packs. The Conduit has a capacity of 3,200 cubes (50L) and weighs a scant 20 ounces, which hits a sweet spot, providing just enough volume for an ultralight 3-4 day (or more) backpacking trip.
Photo: The new ULA Conduit frameless pack has 3,200 cubic inches and weighs 20 ounces. Hey, you want outside pockets!
The Conduit is adorned with five outside pockets, two on the sides, one large one on the front, and two on the hipbelt. All are bellowed to provide plenty of capacity when the back body is stuffed full. The top closure is a roll-down with an extension collar, drawcord closure, and top strap.
We are pleased to see that Brian continues to use Dyneema Gridstop fabric on all of his packs, which is very durable for its weight.
Specifications and Features
- Style: frameless backpack, roll-down closure with top strap
- Volume: 3,200 cubic inches (50L) including all pockets
- Fabric: Dyneema Gridstop
- Outside Pockets: 2 side, 1 front, 2 hipbelt
- Weight: 20 ounces
- Side compression straps: yes
- Options: internal stash pocket, hydration sleeve, water bottle holsters, handloops
- MSRP: $125