You’ve been there – your nose is running constantly while you’re out snowshoeing/trekking and you don’t want to take off your gloves or mittens to search for a hanky, you just washed your jacket and don’t want to snot up the sleeve, and you are wearing BMW Vapr Mitts with a silnylon back that just doesn’t do the job or feel good on your nose. Or, your hand wear did have a nice, soft nose wiper but it’s already worn out, long before the end of the useful life of your gloves/mittens. What to do? Monica Martin and friends had similar thoughts and came up with a solution. Soft microfleece Snot Spots that can be added to a glove or mitten (and even your bare hand), then later removed and washed.
What do I think? My nose runs constantly when I hike and I’m excited about the Snot Spots, especially since they fit on bare hands (my nose running knows no seasons).
Features and Specifications
- Weight: large 0.3 oz, small 0.2 oz
- Sizes: large fits adult winter gloves/mittens, small fits thin adult gloves and youth juniors, and bare hands
- Fabric: 100% polyester microfleece
- Colors: black (hides dirt) and alabaster (hides snot)
- Parent Company (When I Grow Up, Inc.) mission: To donate $1 million to charitable organizations by 2015
- Website: www.snotspotvail.com
- MSRP: $9.95
Monica Martin (founder/CEO) and Brennon Martin (president) of Snot Spot, demonstrate the glove and mitten Snot Spots.
The small size Snot Spot fits children or directly on your hand when your nose is running in glove-less weather.