In the United States, taxpayers and volunteers cover most of the costs of search and rescue (SAR). But you might get very large bills for an ambulance helicopter, or treatment in a hospital. Many companies offer rescue insurance or rescue assistance.
How much could a backpacking search and rescue cost? Should you get insurance?
If you get into serious trouble, call for help now. Worry about money later.
- Search and Rescue (SAR) training in the United States
- SAR Costs
- Ambulance Helicopters
- Rescue Insurance and Assistance
- Outside of the United States
- My Rescue Insurance Choices
- More Information
# WORDS: 3010
# PHOTOS: 5
A Premium or Unlimited Membership* is required to view the rest of this article.
* A Basic Membership is required to view Member Q&A events
Home › Forums › Rescue Insurance for Backpackers