The Apex is a headlamp with a current regulated 3 watt LED, four task light LED’s and a 4 AA rear mounted holder. A real mamasita of a headlamp, the Apex is designed for both intense forward illumination and bright task lighting. It sets a new benchmark for long term intense light for a headlamp under 10 oz. Beware, this light may blister the paint of your walls if you aren’t careful.
While the Petzl MYO XP’s 3 watt LED shuts down in about 20 seconds to prevent overheating, the Apex’s 3 runs brighter and longer by using a thermal regulating heatsink. While introduced at Winter OR the Apex is not expected to be available for at least a couple of months.
- 3 watt Maxbright Luxeon LED for spotting
- Heatsink thermal regulation allows LED’s to burn brighter and longer
- Collimator lens for maximum brightness (a broader beam than Eos)
- 4- 5mm LED for area light
- Separate switches provide independent control over Maxbright and area light LEDs
- Current regulated for constant light output in all modes
- 4 AA batteries- offers 60% more efficiency then 3 AAAbattery units
- Battery life indicator
- 72 to 150 hr
- Uses alkaline, lithium and rechargeable batteries
- Waterproof to 1 meter
- 9.8 oz with batteries, 6.4 oz empty
- MSRP: $79.99
Available Late Sep. 2005