Forgetting your tent poles is not a problem with the NEMO Hypno PQ tent. Reason: the “poles” are inflatable tubes than can be inflated in 35 seconds and deflated in 5. The new Hypno PQ was designed to fit four sardines, I mean adventure racers, inside. (We had fun kidding them about going to a layering design so they could fit in six adventure racers!) Realistically, it’s a 2-person tent. It has 31 square feet of floor space and a minimum weight of 2.9 pounds.
NEMO tents have inflatable structural airbeams. The new Hypo PQ has one outside and one inside the tent. This 31 square feet, 2.9 pound single-wall tent provides comfortable lodging for two normal people or 4 adventure racers.
The Hypno PQ is a single wall 30d silnylon tent with two diagonal inflated “poles” and one door. There is one large ceiling vent aft of center. The zippered entry door is sloped (so rain will fall in), but has a tunnel entry below it which also provides ventilation.
We found a lot to like about the NEMO Hypno PQ, in its innovation, ease of set-up, and lightweight.
Specifications and Features
- Manufacturer: NEMO (www.nemoequipment.com)
- Style: single wall tent with floor and one door
- Fabrics: body and floor are 30d silnylon
- Features: inflatable structural airbeams, ceiling vent, zippered entry door with netting, tunnel entry under door
- Weight: minimum weight 2.9 pounds, packaged weight 3.3 pounds
- MSRP: $395.