Several articles on Backpacking Light have covered backpack making. When I started, Jerry Adam’s MYOG: Silnylon Backpack was not yet out, but Jay Ham’s MYOG: Five Yards to SuperUltraLite Part 4 (Pack) was very helpful. Mr. Ham’s tips on seams and construction are fantastic and I highly recommend them for someone interested in the specifics of sewing a pack together. I don’t have anything new to offer as far as how to sew a pack together but I can offer tips on the design of a pack and my experiences in making packs to be stronger and better fitting.
- A Note on Other Articles
- Attempt 1 - Grayson Highlands Pack
- Attempt 2 - SUL pack
- Attempt 3 - Joseph's SUL pack
- Attempts 4 & 5 - Dyneema X Pack Numbers 1 and 2
- Attempt 6 - Dyneema Pack Number 3
- Importance of Detailed Notes
- Creating a "Virtual Frame"
# WORDS: 3170
# PHOTOS: 16