This is a preview of a member exclusive premium article.
The Mountain Hardwear EV2 is a light weight two-person, three-pole mountaineering/expedition tent. Many new high tech (and expensive) materials contribute to weight savings, including Atlas Scandium SL poles and low-stretch reinforcing panels on the canopy. Features include five vents, waterproof/breathable fire retardant canopy fabric, and a built-in vestibule.
- TABLE. Specifications: Tent Type, Fabric Description, Pole Material, Weight Full Package, Weight Minimum Package, Weight Of Accessories, Floor/Vetibule Area, Floor Area/Backpacking Light Minimum Weight Ratio, Dimensions, Model year, MSRP
- Usable Features / Ease of Use
- Weight / Sizing
- Usable Space
- Wind Stability
- Storm Protection
- Ventilation / Condensation Resistance
- Insect Protection
- Recommendations for Improvement
- Special Feature: sneak peak at the upcoming Mountain Hardware EV3
# WORDS: 3800
# TABLES: 1
# PHOTOS: 5 of EV2, 2 of EV3
--- End of free preview ---
A Premium or Unlimited Membership* is required to view the rest of this article.
* A Basic Membership is required to view Member Q&A events
Get ultralight backpacking skills, gear info, philosophy, news, and more.