Watch the Intro
Ryan designed this program specifically for helping hikers prepare for challenging treks that might be longer duration, longer distance, difficult terrain, mountainous, and/or in more inclement conditions.
- Duration: 3 hours 45 minutes of video content (see curriculum below)
The Trip Planner Spreadsheet Application
- Access to Ryan’s detailed Trip Planner Spreadsheet Application (Google Sheet) that you can then download and adapt for your own personal use, and interact with Ryan and other masterclass participants directly in the comments section (here’s a public preview version of the spreadsheet here, comments hidden).
- Detailed course notes with gear commentary, research notes, and links to gear featured in the course (includes both downloadable PDF and HTML versions).
- Downloadable (PDF) and printable slide deck with 80+ slides that you can print and take notes on during the course.
Unlimited Membership Discount
- Unlimited Membership discount code in case you decide to become an Unlimited Member – your entire course enrollment fee can be applied towards an Unlimited Membership.
The Masterclass Addendum Email Series
The Masterclass Addendum is a series of six lessons, delivered via email daily starting 24-48 hours after you register. These lessons contain additional education expanding on some of the key areas we address in the masterclass:
- Trip planning
- Dyneema Composite Fabrics
- Down vs. synthetic insulation
- Calorie energetics
- Cooking systems and strategies for inclement weather
- Tying it all together (seeing it in action – videos)
Build a Fire Like a Boss
Masterclass Video (Lightweight Backpacking in Inclement Conditions)
- Introduction and overview of lightweight backpacking philosophy and principles
- Backpacking gear for inclement fringe-season conditions, off-trail, high mountain, remote environment
- The Relationships Between Route Planning, Training, and Food Requirements
- Gear Previews of New Gear of Interest to Fringe Season Backpackers