Minimizing the time and energy required for trip preparation requires that you:
- Limit the number of decisions you have to make; and
- Keep everything you need for the trip in one extremely small area.
The purpose of this article series is to present my own framework for accomplishing these two objectives. Part 1 (this article) will discuss a philosophical framework. Part 2 will present the practical application of the framework for preparing for a trip. Part 3 will discuss a case study and review how it all worked in the context of a real trip taken this fall in the mountains of Montana.
- Minimizing Decision Paralysis by Limiting Choices
- See All Your Options at a Glance by Keeping Everything in One Small Spot
- Next: Practical Applications
# WORDS: 1840
# PHOTOS: 4