The REI Flash Carbon is a well-built pole with virtually no vibration or rattle, and has the stoutest tip of any carbon pole we’ve reviewed, which helps protects the lower carbon shaft from breakage.
It extends to a length of 140 cm – this will be a benefit for taller hikers or those that appreciate the flexibility (as we do) of being able to pitch one end of our shelter, or the center of our pyramids, higher in good weather for added ventilation.
Available in a women’s model as well with a thinner grip for smaller hands.
- Metal lever-style adjustability mechanisms that are secure in cold and wet conditions
- Foam grip offers excellent comfort
- Strong, stiff carbon shafts
- Very comfortable and wide wrist strap
- Excellent value for this feature set
- Low rattle/vibration
- No extended grip