With a sleeker and more refined design than most other trail running shoes, the Norvan VT 2 is an aesthetically appealing shoe that is thoughtfully built around the human foot. It provides above-average protection and performance when hiking or running on rocky, uneven ground and doesn’t sacrifice comfort or breathability in doing so. Unfortunately, the shoe suffers from what can most charitably be described as abysmal durability.
- Exceptional traction and grip on technical terrain
- Small details superbly realized
- Toe cap and rock plate are sturdy and hard-wearing
- May not be durable enough to meet the expectations of a long-distance hiker or the budget-minded
- Some hikers will find the midsole too stiff, especially if you’re expecting a “barefoot”-type of experience – instead, check out the much lighter and more nimble Arc’teryx Norvan SL Shoe
- Wide feet beware – this is a technical shoe, not a platform for wide feet