Topic

Zpacks new sleeping bags

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Zpacks new sleeping bags

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Danny Milks
    BPL Member

@dannymilks

Locale: SF Bay Area

Looking back at JCH’s comment, I too have a question about Zpacks quilts, though not in terms of cost but in warmth. Below are the specs that he posted, and you’ll notice that the Zpacks quilt is essentially in the middle of the two EE quilts. While these quilts aren’t identical, they are now pretty close that I think it’s fair to make a comparison. The most notable thing to me is that Zpacks states their quilts are 30% overstuffed, yet they have roughly the same down fill content as EE, which does’t brag about overstuffing their quilts. So are Zpacks actually overstuffed? Or is that just funny math? I can’t imagine any company would significantly overstuff their down product and not advertise it.

EE 10 deg Regular (6′) Wide (58″) 900FP – $330
    Fill – 15.5oz
    Total – 21.2

ZPacks 10 deg X-Long (6’3″) Standard (61″) 900FP – $475
    Fill – 17.3 oz
    Total – 24.7 oz

EE 10 deg Long (6’6″) XWide (64″) 900FP – $385
    Fill – 18.5oz
    Total – 25.1

[full disclosure, through my job I work with both of these companies and have no interest in promoting or denigrating about either of them. I am writing this post simply as a consumer / regular backpacker / avid BPL reader]

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Link, why would you prefer non-DWR treated down in a bag???

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!