Topic

Fire-Maple 600ml G3 Petrel Ultralight Camping Pot

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Fire-Maple 600ml G3 Petrel Ultralight Camping Pot

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ronald Stokley
    BPL Member

@copilgrim

Will the Fire-Maple 600ml G3 Petrel Ultralight, High Efficiency Heat Exchanger Pot work with a BRS 3000T? If so, that may answer the poor windy performance issue of the stove.

Jon Fong / Flat Cat Gear
    BPL Member

@jonfong

Locale: FLAT CAT GEAR

IMO, You need to bend the pot support arms such that the end 3/4″ point towards the center of the burner.  If not, the arms can easily get stuck in the slots.  Since the burner head is so small, it may not solve a lot of the wind issues.  That needs to be tested.  My 2 cents.

Jan Rezac
    BPL Member

@zkoumal

Locale: Prague, CZ

Bending the pot supports on the stove works, but makes it much less packable.

I modified the pot to work with BRS and other stoves with angled pot supports – as described here.

Jon Fong / Flat Cat Gear
    BPL Member

@jonfong

Locale: FLAT CAT GEAR

Jan,

Yep, Excellent job.  The question is which requires less skill sets?  Tweaking the pot support arms is probably much easier for most people.  My 2 cents.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!