Topic

Age and the UL backpacker

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Age and the UL backpacker

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Marcus
    BPL Member

@mcimes

Interesting article related to the conversation – https://www.gq.com/story/how-long-does-it-take-to-lose-muscle-gains

Takeaway – after your mid-70s regular training becomes very important! before that our bodies are more resilient than I thought.

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

training becomes important

On my last southwest adventure ending last week, my hips were very sore after a day of hiking (with water).  This then affected my sleep.  Thing is I hiked with a younger long-term thru-hiker in their 30s for a few days complaining about the same malady.  So maybe an overuse pain more than old age, but still think it’s in the same ballpark.

So I took a break but also ordered a hipbeltless pack with a running vest suspension.   Returning I found the pain mostly gone for the next planned week.  Of course a hipbeltless pack really can enforce lowering the rest of the gear weight.

So while training is important, .. it could just be the gear [choice].

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!