Topic

“The Travel Hammock” Ultra-Light

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews “The Travel Hammock” Ultra-Light

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Steve M
    BPL Member

@steve-2

Locale: Eastern Washington

Did my first BP trip with a hammock. I can't believe how it changes the dynamics of a trip. The number of possible campsites is at least 100 times improved with this in your pack. As long as trees are available, one can rest or sleep comfortably in any type of terrain.

My only real complaint with this model is the weight–listed as 10 oz but actually weighs 12.6 w/o the included (2) hanging ropes. By using a lighter fabric and changing the heavy steel "S" hooks to Titanium, the total weight could be reduced several ounces.

Richard D.
    BPL Member

@legkohod

Locale: Eastern Europe / Caucasus

I have the same hammock but with the mosquito netting. It is also a bit over the listed weight (590 grams vs. 550). I bought it because it was the lightest hammock with netting I could find that would accommodate my height (6'3''). It is comfortably long and wide for me and allows for a nice diagonal position. I sleep wonderfully in it. The netting is functional, but I haven't figured out how to hang it right for optimal headroom. The netting is also on the heavy side, so I am considering getting the regular version and using my own headnet to cut down on weight. I love the easy of setup! It really takes just one minute.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools