Topic

The best clothing combinations for backpacking or hiking?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) The best clothing combinations for backpacking or hiking?

Viewing 4 posts - 126 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Berghaus vapourlight hydroloft hoody over the base layer of your choice. My personal choice is an Arcteryx Phase SL for summer or Phase SV for cooler weather. Add a BMW Cocoon Hoody over the Berghaus Hoody for summer, or a WM Flight vest for cooler weather, with a Montane Minimus WPB Smock outer layer for all 3 seasons. Ex Officio boxer shorts under Montane Terra pants down below, with Montbell Dynamo wind pants for normal summer conditions or Golite Reed WPB pants for cooler weather. I’m good down to at least the mid 20s with the cooler weather set of options, down to about 30 or so with the summer options. If it gets colder, I just go to bed early. WM Summerlite bag with 2 oz of overfill, converted to a quilt with a bottom, Goosefeet down socks for all seasons, and Under Armour long johns, Cold Gear Base 1.0 or 2.0, depending on the season for around camp and sleeping(can also be worn while hiking if it gets colder than expected). Injinji toe socks, light weight for summer heavier weight for cooler weather.

http://usa.berghaus.com/p/mens-vapourlight-hydroloft-reversible-hoody

ben .
    BPL Member

@frozenintime

tom, which of the terra pants do you use?

i checked the montane site and there are approximately 30 varieties of terra. :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

“tom, which of the terra pants do you use?”

The ones called simply Terra Pants on the Montane website. Link below.

https://www.montane.co.uk/mens-c1/clothing-c25/legwear-c7/terra-pants-p305

Armand C
    BPL Member

@vb242

The most KISS list I can think of if I had to strip down the simplest terms

1: Any wicking synthetic long or short sleeve t-shirt

2: Black Diamond Co-effecient

3. Black Diamond Alpine Start

4: Arcteryx Atom LT

5:  Any fully taped eVent, Neoshell, Gore-Tex , or Powershield Pro shell jacket.

Give me this combination and I would be good for all 4 seasons, hiking, touring, climbing, and skiing in temperatures sub-20 degrees.

Viewing 4 posts - 126 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools