Topic

Scrap pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Scrap pack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    George Tate Hunt

@tripplespill

I had some leftover material in my stash, from making shelters, hammocks, and other gear, and decided to construct a new lightweight pack for my upcoming AT section hike. It is made of silnylon, ripstop nylon, and X-Pac VX. The X-Pac is used on the side panels and bottom for a little extra abrasion resistance, Sil for the front and back, ripstop and mesh for the back pocket, ripstop for the side pockets. Has two nylon webbing compression straps on both sides, and the top lid is sil, with a water proof zipper with an ample storage compartment. Drawstring closure. I made the hip belt and shoulder straps, but not the belt pouches. Those were swapped from another pack.

Pic_o1

Front

Side

side02

pocket

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

At least you won't have to worry about some other backpacker grabbing yours by mistake. It is quite unique.

–B.G.–

George Tate Hunt

@tripplespill

True. My southern mom used the term "unique" when she meant ugly. Good thing I don't mind being unique. :)

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Looks good. And quite practical as well. Seems like it'll be a good performer for something like sectioning the AT.

Gordon Gray
    BPL Member

@gordong

Locale: Front Range, CO

Dude, good job. Must of been a fun project.

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

Very cool.

Reminds me of this song.

CADILLACSONG

George Tate Hunt

@tripplespill

Thanks for the feedback, Just had it out on a day hike yesterday, and it is as comfortable as a luxury sedan. Have to throw it on the scale, but a feels like test says around a pound. :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools