Topic

Crocs Any closed toe model

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Crocs Any closed toe model

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Scott Peterson

@scottalanp

Locale: Northern California

For longer backcountry trips, I never leave home without a "camp shoe". Based on the list below, these will probably always be the ones:

1. 12.8 ounces for a sturdy closed-toe pair at size 10.5
    2. You can opt for the no heal config. (which is great if your dealing with unexpected blisters) or you can create your own or buy a croc adjustable strap that will allow for more secure fit…possible stream crossings.
    3. They are extremely comfortable.
    4. They keep your feet suprisingly clean and ventilated.
    5. They don't absorb water.

I just wish they would create a freakishly light model for us weight obsessed folks, but in relative shoe terms, they really already are.

david plantenga

@dplant

Scott,

Try Dollar General's Croc knoc offs

125 grams per shoe. Men's large

Can't beat the $6.99 price either

Cheers !

Lynn Tramper

@retropump

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna

Agree, closed toe Crocs (or equivalent knock-off) are my favorite camp shoe. I don't like the holey Crocs, as wet grass, rain etc…can soak your socks, and they are more prone to getting dirt, stones and stuff in them. An ajustable strap would be better for crossing rivers though.

A B

@sheilabaynes

William Webber

@micwebbpl

They are so light you can really tie them way back on the outside of your pack without throwing off the balance. So they will "fit" onto (if not "into") any setup.

They don't soak up water.

You can wear them, usually (depending on how tight they are barefoot) with or without socks.

And they make a great "shower shoe" to keep athlete's foot away in those funky campground showers.

My preference is for open toe models….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools