Topic

Stuff sack pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Stuff sack pack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Matt Sanger
    BPL Member

@iparider

Greetings,

I've been casing the latest options for a dual-use, stuff-sack pack.

I had a zpacks zero and it was good, but ultimately bigger than I needed (even with the extra small). Many of the similar options are also 1000 cu. inches plus, while I'd like 600-800 ish. I'd also really like an internal pocket, otherwise, as simple as possible, and of course, very light (say, under 4 oz.).

I've looked at HMG, Sea to Summit, REI, GG, and have yet to find the perfect solution…options?

Chad B
    BPL Member

@cenazwalker

Locale: Southwest

Have you checked out the summit sack? Not sure of the volume.

http://www.zimmerbuilt.com/gear-deals.html

Sean Passanisi
    BPL Member

@passanis

I bought the Zimmer. Don't know why, but I loaded it with 2L of water, my canister stove and pot, and some food for a 12 mile hike and it wasn't too bad.

Keep in mind that the bag is not waterproof, even if you ask him to tape it.

David Miles
    Spectator

@davidmiles

Locale: Eastern Sierra

How much weight does it need to carry?

Edward Jursek
    BPL Member

@nedjursekgmail-com

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I use the Zimmerbuilt Summit Sack and love it. Mine is 1.2oz on my cheap digital scale. It serves as a stuff sack for my down sleeping bag and has done double duty as a day pack when base camping. I also use it to carry my water bottles and filter between camp and water source in the evening. Great multi-use item. I have loaded mine up with 2L of water, food for the day, wind shirt, toilet paper, sun screen, and water filter with room to spare.

Matt Sanger
    BPL Member

@iparider

OK – looked at the Zimmer Summit and that is a bit too minimalist for me (not a fan of using chord for shoulder straps).

I may just have to see if I can get an even smaller Zero from Z-packs…which is pretty ideal other than being too big. I will use it for a sleeping bag stuff sack in my pack, which then carries water, food, first-aid, map, a shell, and perhaps an warmth layer while day-hiking/summit bagging.

Other options out there?

rOg w
    BPL Member

@rog_w

Locale: rogwilmers.com

deleted

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools