Topic

Stuff sack pack

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Matt Sanger BPL Member
PostedJul 26, 2013 at 10:41 am

Greetings,

I've been casing the latest options for a dual-use, stuff-sack pack.

I had a zpacks zero and it was good, but ultimately bigger than I needed (even with the extra small). Many of the similar options are also 1000 cu. inches plus, while I'd like 600-800 ish. I'd also really like an internal pocket, otherwise, as simple as possible, and of course, very light (say, under 4 oz.).

I've looked at HMG, Sea to Summit, REI, GG, and have yet to find the perfect solution…options?

Sean Passanisi BPL Member
PostedJul 26, 2013 at 1:41 pm

I bought the Zimmer. Don't know why, but I loaded it with 2L of water, my canister stove and pot, and some food for a 12 mile hike and it wasn't too bad.

Keep in mind that the bag is not waterproof, even if you ask him to tape it.

Edward Jursek BPL Member
PostedJul 27, 2013 at 9:33 am

I use the Zimmerbuilt Summit Sack and love it. Mine is 1.2oz on my cheap digital scale. It serves as a stuff sack for my down sleeping bag and has done double duty as a day pack when base camping. I also use it to carry my water bottles and filter between camp and water source in the evening. Great multi-use item. I have loaded mine up with 2L of water, food for the day, wind shirt, toilet paper, sun screen, and water filter with room to spare.

Matt Sanger BPL Member
PostedAug 1, 2013 at 7:08 am

OK – looked at the Zimmer Summit and that is a bit too minimalist for me (not a fan of using chord for shoulder straps).

I may just have to see if I can get an even smaller Zero from Z-packs…which is pretty ideal other than being too big. I will use it for a sleeping bag stuff sack in my pack, which then carries water, food, first-aid, map, a shell, and perhaps an warmth layer while day-hiking/summit bagging.

Other options out there?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Loading...