Topic

Camelback & Platypus

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Camelback & Platypus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jericho Cain

@jcain6

I would like to buy a Platypus water bladder. I own two camelbacks and was wondering if the camelback drinking tube is compatible with the platypus water bladder?

Walter Pickett
    BPL Member

@wpick

Hi

The Camelbak tube is a tight fir onto the new Platypus Big Zip II, but can be done.

I use Platypus products and have always had to increase the length of tubing.
    I recently had tubing disconnect from a Platypus 2+ reservior, so I replaced the tubing with 1/4″ I.D. tubing from the Home Depot and a little bit of JB Weld. I’ve had no problems yet.

However, I do not like the bite valve Platypus uses and always replaces it with a camelbak bite valve. The new 90 degree on/off valve Platypus uses is great!

Walter

Jericho Cain

@jcain6

Thanks for the feedback Walter…I’ll give it a try.

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

The replacment tubes with on/off 90 deg valve sold on this website is plenty long – much longer than the standard tubes. Have one. Love it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools