Topic

Marmot Gloves the Pros/cons?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Mountaineering & Alpinism Marmot Gloves the Pros/cons?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gene .

@tracker

Locale: New England

I have a $50 credit at Marmot I need to use for gloves, had a pair that are no longer made that were defective, and I have credit towards a new pair.

I narrowed it down to: 'Evolution', 'Work', or 'Randonee' for Winter backpacking with poles use, no climbing, but camp chores invloved.

Like feedback on fit? Durability? Wetout? Dexterity? thanks

Jonathan Ryan
    BPL Member

@jkrew81

Locale: White Mtns

Where do you hike in the winter? I have both the Work and Randonee gloves and they are both great as alpine gloves, but not sure for around camp gloves for pure warmth. They are pretty much equally warm with the Randonee having a slight advantage with the wrist gauntlet. On the other side if you are looking for a great all around glove for skiing to mountaineering to chopping wood, I would go with the work glove purely for it's durability.

For an around tha camp glove I would actually use a mitten if warmth is your primary concern.

larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

I don't have any troubles with my Marmot Work gloves wetting out but at least my pair seems to run one size small, I normally wear a large glove and I needed an extra large in this one, also the palms are smooth which would make them a little slick for a camp glove.

Gene .

@tracker

Locale: New England

Thanks for your feedback Jonathan and Larry, it's a tossup between which glove of the 2 you guys have I guess. I hike now in the NorthEast, and as such it's ususally a damp Winter, and damper Spring that I'd be using the gloves during to backpack.

As such, and from the 'slick palm remark' that Larry mentioned, I guess it leaves the Randonee. I have thought about another choice being a glove with a removable liner that I could partially dry out each night as a safety factor. If I don't find one I can afford, I will go with the Randonee.

Does the Randonee run small, or true to size?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools