Topic

Osprey Exos 58 Waist Belt

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Osprey Exos 58 Waist Belt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Kier Selinsky

@kieran

Locale: Seattle, WA

For those that have had the Exos 58 for some time, whattaya think of that waist belt? I'm a little bit of a bigger guy, and I wonder if I'm going to have issues with it digging in over the miles. What's your experience been like?

JP
    BPL Member

@jpovs-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

Locale: Arrowhead

christopher reeves

@ionstram

Just got back from a three day, 24 mile rim-to-rim Grand Canyon trip with a starting pack weight of 27 lbs (too much, I know) including food and water.

This is the most comfortable pack I have ever used and the hip and shoulder belts I found to be super comfy – I have had problems with uncomfortable hip belts digging in in the past.

For reference, my Exos 58 is a size medium, and I am 6'0, 170 lbs with a 30-32 inch waist.

Kier Selinsky

@kieran

Thanks guys – good info to have. And thanks to the generosity of another BPL member, I'm going to borrow one this weekend for a day hike and get to see for myself. The awesomeness of the people here is one of the best reasons to join.

christopher reeves

@ionstram

Quite welcome. You might consider the Exos 46 – I think I am going to exchange my 58 at REI for a 46 (I've spent so much $ at REI over the years that I don't feel bad about finally returning a used piece of gear to them) – it saves half a pound, and I think there is still plenty of room in it for a week of gear including a bear canister – though you may need to lash your sleeping pad to the outside.

Kier Selinsky

@kieran

I've thought about the 46, but that's a lot smaller than I'm used to. Just not sure if I'd be able to fit all my winter gear in that. Can it fit a bear canister?

Rob Lambert
    Spectator

@roblambert

Locale: Ozarks

…I share the positive views about the Exos 58. I am also 6'1" and have a 36" waist but was sized for a medium pack. I find the pack rides nicely on top of my hips, as it should, and the waist belt is hardly noticable. Perhaps your waist belt "digs in" because you have it too wide and the pack sits too low, an experience I've had with previous packs.
    I've read reviews in which people found the suspension on the back uncomfortable and talked to others who found the waist belt uncomfortable because of less padding than found in heavier packs. Again, perhaps they just were wearing it too low; just a suspicion since I find it so comfortable.
    If I win the lottery, I'd like to own BOTH the 58 and 46…

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Christopher, please send me a PM. I have a new Exos 46 large that I would like to trade for a 58 large. I'm in Seattle.

christopher reeves

@ionstram

Hi Dale,

That would be a perfect trade except I have an Exos 58 medium. I had both the large and medium sized packs tried on, and the medium fits me much better.

But thanks for thinking of the idea!

Chris

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools