Topic

hikelight.com

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) hikelight.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Levine
    Spectator

@trout

Locale: Long Beach

With all the negative reviews of customer service at sites I'd like to post a good one. Hikelight.com (with whom I have no affiliation with) honestly surprised me in a great way. I am among the many on this forum who had a peak elite AC go flat on me. I purchased mine in May.

Their site says "If you are not satisfied, just return the item within 30 days for a full refund. If any product fails under normal conditions due to workmanship, we will repair it, replace it, or refund your money. You must be satisfied. It's as simple as that. "

It is now October but I emailed Steve "I received my pad but have a big problem with it. It deflated the first night I used it and also the second, at which point I just flat stopped using it. I'd like to return this piece of faulty gear." His response was "No problem. Just send it back. It would be good if you have the receipt or at least the approximate date you bought it. Would you like a refund or another pad? We haven't had any problems with them deflating. Yours is the first.
    Steve"

I expected a) that it had been too long for him to accept a refund. b) that he had the choice to just replace or fix my pad, and would choose to because it must be cheaper for him. c) give me the old tech support line to use the repair kit on it, and send me a pdf idiots guide. d) "well why didn't you use a ground cloth"

Instead I got a courteous and understanding reply that was very generous, prompt, and didn't make me feel like it was my mistake. Woohoo. Go hikelight.com. I'd gladly spend a few more bucks to have that kind of customer service in the future

Ceph Lotus
    BPL Member

@cephalotus

Locale: California

I haven't bought any gear from them, but I came across their videos on YouTube. They have something like 100 lightweight backpacking tips there.

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells

I have purchased quite a few things from Steve over the years and whether I contact him by phone or email he is always prompt and courteous.Great company.

Simone Zmood
    BPL Member

@sim1oz

Locale: Melbourne, Australia

I just recently purchased from hike light.com and was very happy with the service and communication. Steve answered my queries promptly. He notified me straight away when there was a delay in sourcing one product and gave me the choice of swapping product or waiting. The delivery time to Australia was very quick. Very happy customer :-)

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Hikelight.com (and therefore Steve :) ) is in the Portland, OR area. He was very kind to let me stop by his house once to purchase something. We talked for a bit and he really is a very nice guy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools