Topic

Ultralight Adventure Equipment (ULA) CDT Backpack Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Ultralight Adventure Equipment (ULA) CDT Backpack Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana
    Jonathan Ryan
    BPL Member

@jkrew81

Locale: White Mtns

I have always been a fan of this pack. My wife has used her conduit for years and never had a complaint. A year back I bought one and while I loved it, I ended up selling it due to the short sizing. I am 6'4" and found the same torso sizing issue as Will.

David Ure

@familyguy

The new CDT appears to be in three sizes now – s,m,l. Will, do you know where the M/L pack you tested would 'fall' in this new sizing range? Thanks,

Tor Magnus Castberg

@logrus

Locale: Norway

I believe M/L refers to hipbelt size / back length.

I.e. the size of his hipbelt is M and the length of the back is L.

PS: Reading again the sizes he states as available it doesn't make sense to me at all. Either these packs have been differently sized before, unlike their other pack, or the author is mistaken with the data.

David Ure

@familyguy

Hi Tor – my CDT from 2010 was a M/L size. There were only two sizes at the time, one of which was small.

Derek Johnson

@veilsidecelica01

The website still shows the angled side pockets is there something im missing? and with the hand straps how does that take weight off of your shoulders when it is pulling on them?

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

I bought one a few weeks ago and it still has the angled pockets. I like being able to get my water bottle easily, but these do seem a little over the top in that regard.

Sean Staplin
    BPL Member

@mtnrat

Locale: Southern Cdn Rockies

I actually really like the angled mesh side pockets. When used with 1 litre platypus, they cradle them perfectly and can be removed and replaced easily while hiking. They stayed in the pockets very securely even while doing serious bushwhacking. I just made sure the bungie's were tight and the platys were deeply cradled in the pockets. I could see how other things might fall out though, especially a hard plastic water bottle.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

I used to have a Conduit, which I think is now the CDT. The reason I got rid of it was the side pockets. I could keep a platy in it on flat easy trails, but hiking cross country going up and down canyon walls, they would not stay put no matter what I did. Perhaps they have changed them. When I contacted Brian Flankel (who was very nice BTW), he said the pockets were designed for the typical 16 oz water bottle, not the thicker ones like sports drinks, or for platys. I have not had good luck with mesh pockets on any brand pack.

ULA Conduit

DSC000653

DSC00649

DSC00650

DSC00651

DSC00652

Below are some side pockets that do work well, IMO.

Water Pocket LBP
    This is a 64 ounce Gatorade bottle.

08 McHale Pack
    Two 64 ounce Gatorade bottles.

IMG_0098
    Two 1 liter platys.

IMG_0012
    1 liter platy.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools