Topic

Better than the Rest Enertia Trail Foods Switchback Spaghetti

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Better than the Rest Enertia Trail Foods Switchback Spaghetti

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Gene Kinney

@carl_kinney

Locale: Southwest

Been eating the typical freeze-dried meals from Mountain House and Backpacker’s Pantry for over two years of backpacking.
    Not one for cooking in the backcountry and liking the “just boil water” method, I look at the expense of packaged meals as just another part of the enjoyment being on vacation.
    And frankly when I’m hungry at the end of the day of backpacking, I find myself really enjoying all those freeze-dried meals. (Save for a variety that’s not my taste; se something Cajun.)
    But I recently tried one of the dehydrated packaged meal from Enertia. And to my suprise it was excellent. And this was tried at home when I tested out a new canister stove.
    Like those that like packaged meals in the backcountry, I wouldn’t care to eat them at home other than to test out the taste of a particular brand or a brand’s meal variety. They taste much better out in the field when hungry.
    But whoa!, Enteria’s Switchback Spaghetti was like homemade. In fact I chose the spaghetti because that’s the one variety a manufacturer shouldn’t scew-up.
    Also the portion was just right. The other brands you can’t really split a packaged meal in two servings and sometimes one package is too much to eat. (That’s where my dog, Boomer, comes in.)
    The only caveat is that every Enertia meal is vegetarian. I believe that’s both a company philosophy and a technical consideration because meat complicates the matter when dehydrating.
    But I have my own food dehydrator with a food sealer so I can easily dehydrate a little protein for each meal. In fact I can’t wait to try more of Enertia’s meals out in the field because I’m sure that they’ll taste even better.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools