Topic

3 weeks in the Alps

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning 3 weeks in the Alps

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

From the UK Post Office web site:

Gases, including flammable, non-flammable, toxic and compressed gases
    (including flammable, non-flammable, toxic and compressed gases (including new, used and empty gas cylinders, ethane, butane, refills for lighters, fire extinguishers and scuba tanks, life jackets, nitrogen dioxide and carbon dioxide canisters including culinary foaming devices & soda stream).

1. All flammable compressed gases are prohibited* e.g. blowlamps; butane; lighters and refills containing flammable liquid or gas; ethane; gas cylinders for camping stoves; hydrogen; methane and propane.

2. All toxic compressed gases are prohibited* e.g. chlorine; fluorine etc.

3. All non-flammable compressed gases are prohibited* e.g. air bags; scuba tanks, carbon dioxide; fire extinguishers; neon and nitrogen. *includes new, used and empty gas cylinders International – Not allowed in the mail UK – Not allowed in the mail.

*includes new, used and empty gas cylinders

International – Not allowed in the mail
    UK – Not allowed in the mail

Maybe Amazon uses a special carrier for gas canisters? I think they would have to.

I do know from personal experience that shops buying boxes of canisters have to use special packing and a special carrier. As far as I know, these are agreed international regulations. YMMV

Cheers

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!