Topic

Insulated Trapper Mug

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Insulated Trapper Mug

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Christopher Holden
    BPL Member

@back2basics

Locale: Southeast USA

The first time I saw mention of the Trapper Mug, I thought it was a great idea… except for one thing: I wanted to see it as a double wall mug. Cooking in a double wall mug is not safe. Some may be using this mug as a solo cookpot. More power to them. I have a 600ml that handles the task. I wanted a separate drinking cup, but all the others I've seen were too heavy in relation to my cookpot.
    In with several other promotional items I recently received was one "koozy" to keep a canned beverage cold for a longer period of time. It is made of 3mm thick neoprene. It was designed for a standard can diameter, but with some careful stretching, I was able to get it around the mug. The total weight for my insulated mug is now 42 grams (1.5oz). The mug was 35g. The koozy was 7g. I now have a UL insulated mug to sip from while cooking.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools