Topic

Western Mountaineering Summer Coupler

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Western Mountaineering Summer Coupler

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Zeno Martin

@ananda

Great concept (that’s why it gets 2 and not a 1), but why does it weigh 1 lb 4oz!? That’s more than their summer sleeping bags. What size pad is it designed for? Since it tapers from about 30″ near the head to around 26″ near the calf it doesn’t hold two 20″ pads close together. The product could be vastly improved, but the concept is really great.

Don’t know why two zippers are necessary with this or with their semi-rectanular bags either, since it seems most semi-rectangular bag users would use as quilt with coupler more often than mating to a mummy.

David Bonn

@david_bonn

Locale: North Cascades

I think the big killer for me and my so was that it was made of cotton. It needs to be made of some very light synthetic instead.

Once again, a great idea with poor execution.

Taylor Samuels

@taylorsamuels

At close to a pound (12.6 oz) my wife and I left it behind on last years summer trip. What’s the point? It is much easier and lighter to use the your semi rectangular bag as a comforter. Additionally, when your with your honey there’s no getting tangled up in the coupler. When using the coupler in the past my wife complained about waking up in the middle of the night with just the coupler and no down. Getting up to pee during the night and not waking my wife is also much easier without the coupler. For those who find sleeping directly on a sleeping pad uncouth… the material the coupler is made of feels nice to the skin. The coupler is kind of like those chapstick holders you wear around your neck. Seems like a good idea but not necessary.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!