Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra 2
- This topic is empty.
Jul 29, 2015 at 4:53 am #1331179avi sitoBPL Member
Purchased these to replace LaSportiva WildCat, thought I'd give them a try. They felt comfortable with plenty of support all around. The shoe has less mesh than, hence it is warmer, and I expected it to be more durable and sturdy. They dry up slower. However, after about 50 KM and one wet hike they began falling apart in several places
Salomon attempted to fix it and I took them out on a 200Km hike and same things happened again.
Aside from this, several things I noticed:
1) The bottom sole deteriorates faster than my previous shoe.
2) Grip on rocks is pretty bad compared, both wet and dry conditions.
3) The no-laces concept is nice, but after a while it did not stay in the tightness I set it. It would loosen up. Laces are better IMO.
4) the sole itself is not as thick as previous shoe which makes it more stable IMO.
Eventually I returned these for a refund of course, mostly because they are falling apart.
- The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Our Community Posts are Moderated
Backpacking Light community posts are moderated and here to foster helpful and positive discussions about lightweight backpacking. Please be mindful of our values and boundaries and review our Community Guidelines prior to posting.