Topic

Stickpic: Locusgear CP3 + Sony Nex 6?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Stickpic: Locusgear CP3 + Sony Nex 6?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gregory Stein
    BPL Member

@tauneutrino

Locale: Upper Galilee

Hi,

I'd like to pick up some mounting mechanism for the LocusGear CP3 pole. So here are some questions:
    1) Which Stickpic should I use?
    2) Will it hold my Sony Nex-6 camera with Sigma 19mm lens?
    3) What prevents it from twisting around the pole's tip?
    4) Overall your thoughts ore better options?

Thank you!

Greg.

rmeurant
    BPL Member

@rmeurant

Locale: Laniakea

I'd start by asking Locus Gear – I imagine Jotaro might know..?

J R
    Spectator

@jringeorgia

Actually, ask StickPic, it's their device that would be holding the camera and fitting to the pole tip. As for the camera sliding around the pole, you wedge the StickPic onto the pole tip so that it "grips". I'm sure there is a point at which camera+lens weight would overcome the friction that is holding the camera upright. As demonstrated on the StickPic website, it's a good idea to have a wrist strap on the camera that you loop around the pole above the mud/snow basket before attaching it to the pole tip, just in case.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there
    Don Burton
    Spectator

@surfcam310

Locale: City of Angels

I have the CP3 and bought the #1 per Rodney's suggestion. It fits perfectly. I'm not familiar with the Sony Nex6 but I put my Canon Elph on there without much issue. You can't swing it around. You'll need to move the pole slowly with it on. Also, make sure you push the Stick Pic on firmly otherwise your camera will "swing" down.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!