Topic

Spork vs spoon

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Spork vs spoon

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

"A little tip. The Lexan spoons that REI sells for the princely sum of $1-$2 will last you at least a lifetime and come in a soup spoon, teaspoon or a long handled version. The kicker – they are stiffer, more comfortable, and lighter than most of the ti spoons out there! For example the long spoon (heaviest of the bunch) weight .5oz versus the .6oz for the shorter way more expensive Snowpeak titanium spork!

Oh and yes, if you MUST have a spork, REI does one of those as well."

Yep, I think these are great. I always take the long spoon and sometimes a fork depending on what I'll be eating. I'm in the spork hating camp.

Ben H.
    BPL Member

@bzhayes

Locale: No. Alabama

The spork is nice for eating trout. Those short tines work well for separating the meat from the tiny bones. Otherwise, yes.. a spoon works just fine.

Robert Hamilton
    BPL Member

@cinsight

Locale: (null)

The beLEGEND Titanium Extra Long Handle Spoon (9.81″) with polished bowl (22g) is long enough to reach the bottom of a box of cereal/dehydrated bag, without sticking my hand in the bag.  It has an oval shape which I like.  The CountyComm.com Blue Robusto Ti Chopsticks (hollow laser sealed 9″, 0.68 oz.) works in place of a fork.

Ratatosk
    Spectator

@ratatosk

I have a spork. I like my spork. I will continue to use my spork because it works and there’s no need to buy something else. I do not give the slightest damn if someone else prefers a spoon. They are not lesser in my eyes. I am not sure the reverse is true. I do often carry an axe in the backcountry. I like to make stuff with it. I have made chopsticks with my axe. They are free in the woods because they are simply small pieces of wood. I have also made chopsticks with $2,000 worth of boutique hand tools. They are very nice chopsticks. I have also made an axe with chopsticks. Just kidding. I have though made lots of spoons and forks and chopsticks with a SAK.  Here is one:

Dustin V
    BPL Member

@dustinv

I’m still using a spork. Like most hybrid tools, they’re not great at anything, but I can deal with the shortcomings. I have found a folding spork that works well enough for my current uses, but as usual I’m already thinking about switching to a different one.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools