Crocs has several new models of foam shoes coming out next year. See photos and weight comparisons of the new Athens flip-flops and Scoot slides with Holey Soles and Waldies shoes here. Also interesting are the Hydro shoes. The Hydros are relatively heavy at 14 ounces per pair, but offer a stream crossing shoe that is held securely to your foot with a pull-tight neoprene upper. If you do a lot of stream crossings, hate getting your hiking shoes wet, or enjoy water sports, the Hydros are worth a look.
Features and Specifications
- Weight: 14.1 oz per pair women’s 12
- Material: Croslite – closed-cell foam resin material
- Sizes: men’s 6-12, women’s 4-12 whole sizes
- Features: waterproof and pull-tight neoprene upper, molds to your feet, orthotic foot bed, toe-box ventilation, slip-resistant and non-marking soles, anti-microbial and odor resistant, wide, roomy foot bed
- Available: late spring ’06
- MSRP: TBD