There are lots of vacuum sealers on the market! And there are even lots of different models offered by the most popular vacuum sealer brand Foodsaver. They’re not super clear about which is the best model based on your needs, so we’ve done the homework and think that the Foodsaver v4440 is currently the best vacuum sealer for backpackers.
- It’s not the most expensive in the Foodsaver line – which means it offers just the features you need without spending the highest price.
- It can seal most dry and moist foods (like soup). Most mid-range vacuum sealers can do this, so it’s not a big deal. But it is important for backpackers.
- It offers a retractable hand-held sealer that can be used to seal containers other than vacuum seal bags, like mason jars. That’s useful if you’re into long-term storage.
- Its footprint is pretty small – 16 inches x 9 inches – so it doesn’t take up a lot of countertop space. Not the smallest out there, but the capability the v4400 offers at this size is pretty impressive.
- Can use roll bags or individual bags.
Overall, the Foodsaver v4440 is versatile, reliable, and fuss-free. We love it!