Topic

Trekology Pillow vs Sea To Summit Aeros UL

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Trekology Pillow vs Sea To Summit Aeros UL

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Scott M
    BPL Member

@bluetick-2

Hey All,

Anyone have experience with both the Trekolgy Aluft Pillow  ($14.99) vs the Sea to Summit Aeros UL (? I had a S2S but gave it away, was about to order another one when I saw this on amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Trekology-COMFORT-Ultralight-Inflating-Camping/dp/B073XH2YND/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1531180877&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=sea+to+summit+pillow&psc=1#customerReviews<span id=”productTitle” class=”a-size-large”></span>

Bob Shuff
    BPL Member

@slbear

Locale: SoCal

I can report I have a trekology pillow that leaked and deflated when I needed it last week.  I haven’t submerged it to find the leak, but my guess is it’s the clicks valve.

Jason H
    Spectator

@topduck

I have two of the Trekology pillows that my wife and daughter use. We have had them since Dec and used them a few times with no leaks. I think they are great. Darwin on the trail did a video review on it and it is what he now uses. Darwin Review.

Rex Sanders
    BPL Member

@rex

Darwin dumped the Trekology after it developed a leak, went back to the S2S for his PCT hike:

https://youtu.be/aaQqPbu1Fa0?t=3m53s

— Rex

Paul S.
    BPL Member

@pschontz

Locale: PNW

I hear great things about the Big Sky pillow.

I’m going to try out the Klymit Luxe pillow.  Decidedly not ultralight (6.3 oz) but huge.

David Wiese
    BPL Member

@dtothewiese

I bought two Trekology pillows (one for me and wife) through Amazon. One had a leaky valve so we sent it back and got another. Both have been working fine after a lot of use.

Really cheap and pretty big. As a side sleeper I wish they were a BIT taller.

Brian Horst
    BPL Member

@bh23

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

I haven’t used my trekology pillow enough to comment on long-term durability, but in terms of comfort I’d say it’s my new 3-season favorite, just edging out my large Exped UL pillow. I have a S2S Aeros Premium M that has been relegated to use a travel pillow, as I never actually found it very comfortable when on the ground, and a klymit X pillow that gets used when hammocking, as it never seemed to want to stay put when sleeping on the ground, but has worked better than other options for me when hanging.

Scott M
    BPL Member

@bluetick-2

Thanks for all the replies. I ordered both pillows and will probably end up sending one back. I used to thread a piece of cord through the valve which was centered on the back of the seat to Summit pillow and tie it down to my pad so it didn’t slip off in the night. Looks like the trekology pillow valve is offset .so I’ll let you guys know how it goes

Bob Shuff
    BPL Member

@slbear

Locale: SoCal

I contacted Trekology about my leaking pillow, which I bought from Amazon last December.  They are replacing it within the warranty period, even though Amazon doesn’t allow returns at this point.  I contacted them via their facebook page (pop-up IM).  Very responsive.  They are backpackers too.  I’ll have the replacement before I leave for the Sierra next Friday.   Thanks Trekology!

Paul S.
    BPL Member

@pschontz

Locale: PNW

The Klymit Luxe pillows that came from Costco are a full 1 ounce over spec (7.4 vs 6.4).  I’m not sure even at 6.4 the weight is worth the size unless you like to tuck your arm under your pillow.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!