Topic

Summer blanket for 2 people

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Summer blanket for 2 people

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Josh Platt
    BPL Member

@easternbox

Locale: Southeast

Anyone have a suggestion for a summer blanket for 2? There used to be someone making and selling some on eBay, but just can’t find them anymore. Any help would be appreciated.

Josh Platt
    BPL Member

@easternbox

And, and I should note that I am not looking for a quilt like zpacks or EE.

KRS
    BPL Member

@krshome

Locale: Virginia USA

Summer where? How about a fleece throw or a Costco down blanket (cheap) if you can find on the forums.

Josh Platt
    BPL Member

@easternbox

Southern Appalachia, it gets muggy at times.  Trying to find something wide enough for two, not too warm, but still somewhat packable is tough.

Chad B
    BPL Member

@cenazwalker

Locale: Southwest

I have zero experience with this company but what about a Rumpl blanket?  Looks like they offer down or synthetic in a variety of sizes.  Personally I would go with the synthetic for humid summer trips in your parts.

Jim C
    BPL Member

@jimothy

Locale: Georgia, USA

You said not EE, but note that Enlightened Equipment also sells a down comforter. It’s larger than the Rumpl that Chad mentioned, so probably better for two (though consider the merits of down vs synthetic, as he pointed out).

I’ve got the 50°, 800 fp version for exactly this purpose. During the winter at home, I put a duvet cover on it and use it on my bed, so it does double duty, making it easier to justify the purchase.

It’s about the size of a queen size comforter, so plenty big for two people. It compresses well, being down and having the same shell fabric as their quilts.

Josh Platt
    BPL Member

@easternbox

Thanks Jim! I actually completely forgot about that option with EE.

Does the 50 degree option fare well with you outside?  Seeing as we are in the same region, I would assume so.

Jim C
    BPL Member

@jimothy

Locale: Georgia, USA

It turns out, I ordered the 40° version, not 50°. It’s been plenty warm enough for the summer, and when it’s too warm, I just stick an arm, foot, or leg out as necessary. 50° would probably be more comfortable some of the time, but truthfully, during the hottest months here, I usually try to make my way out west, and then I need my quilts, which are much warmer. Southeast in July and August are too humid and buggy for my tastes; plenty of day hikes, but little in the way of backpacking.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!