Topic

Stealthiest shelter fabric color for woodland environment

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Stealthiest shelter fabric color for woodland environment

Viewing 2 posts - 51 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Monte Masterson
    BPL Member

@septimius

Locale: Southern Indiana

Big Agnes is now touting their “SOLUTION DYED” tents. All nylons of course.

BA’s description goes like this: “Now using solution dyed fabric that is highly resistant to UV fade and drastically reduces energy consumption and water use during manufacturing, a process that is better for the environment and improves the quality of the tent fabric.” I don’t know how much is real and how much is marketing hoopla. BA virtue signals by describing a greener manufacturing process and also claims a breakthrough is UV resistance. However just because you say it doesn’t make it so. I’ll try not to be too cynical though and keep an open mind. Maybe there’s some truth to their propaganda.

https://www.bigagnes.com/Gear/Collections/Solution-Dyed-Fabrics

Bonzo
    BPL Member

@bon-zo

Locale: Virgo Supercluster

“Virtue signals.” Haven’t heard that one, before, but it’s a sensible phrase.  Lots of that going around, lately…

I’m not sure if their processes are any better than anyone else’s after reading that blurb on their site; I’ll have to look into the nature of fabric production and dyeing before I can figure it out.  It’s not a cynical move to be a skeptic: it’s just critical thinking.

Viewing 2 posts - 51 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!