Topic

Single fold binder attachment

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Single fold binder attachment

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Nenta WAKO, Dr.Eng.
    BPL Member

@nentaw_backpackresearcher

Hi there! When do you bind a edge of your working piece in single fold binding, which types of binder attachment do you use for your sewing machine?

I introduce a good attachment (ST attachment) that I found lately.

Tanaka Sewing machine Co., Ltd., known as @tanaka34ne on Instagram, makes an order-made binder attachment. The things to do for order are telling him distance information between needle hole and attachment holes, and sending a working piece what you want to bind and a binder tape.

After making the attachment, he demonstrates its possibility of working with the workpiece and share the sewing video.

The attachment have an angled outlet for tape feeding and a horizontal guide that has a space to sandwich the tape.
    With this attachment, you can sew a workpiece that has a core part under the edge. You can concentrate on only butting the workpiece against the guide for binding.

Regarding my past attachment, it has a bulge outward near the feeding outlet of the tape. Therefore, a workpiece with stiff edge could not be sewn keeping a constant distance from the corner edge to straight edge.

I hope that this information is helpful for your sewing.

Nenta Wako
    YouTube: Backpack Researcher, https://www.youtube.com/backpackresearcher
    Instagram: @nentawk

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!