Topic

Singer 401A

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Singer 401A

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    James Locke
    BPL Member

@duckypaddler

Locale: East Tennessee Valley

I used to lurk this forum a decade or so ago and was always impressed with how many super smart people were able to help out newbies on a wide range of topics. I learned lots from just scrolling through posts. I always thought it would be great to sew a few items myself and was thrilled to get a Singer 401A when my wife’s grandmother passed away. That was now over a decade ago, and I’m busier than ever. I have come to the realization that I’m just not gonna learn to sew. So I have this machine and have no idea of what a fair price would be to ask for it? Feel free to give me a range. While I believe there are no issues with the machine it probably due for a cleaning, etc. I’m not trying to get rich, just trying to work out a fair asking price. I have included lots of pictures to show all it comes with.

Adam G
    BPL Member

@adamg

With the table, I’d say maybe $350. It’s a shame you’re so far away. I am in need of a table.

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

It’s a great machine! I learned to sew on my mom’s, much later bought one at the local thrift store with a cabinet for an obscenely low price, and even later inherited my mom’s when she moved on to the great sewing room in the sky (so I have a spare in the closet).  I’m now in the process of refinishing the cabinet, which somebody had painted the color of the “flesh” crayons I grew up with. It seems to be a nice oak underneath.

James Locke
    BPL Member

@duckypaddler

Locale: East Tennessee Valley

Thanks for the input Adam and dk.

I gonna list it on gear swap for a couple weeks in hopes it will stay in the gear making community, before going craigslist/ebay route

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!